Coaching & Editing
Meg & Ella both offer private editing and coaching services. To determine the best fit for your individual needs, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll schedule a call to discuss your project and the type of editing and coaching you're interested in.
- We've coached writers as they've worked through very specific pieces, offering developmental advice, an editor's eye and a reader's heart as they prepare their work for publication.
- We've also coached writers who like to meet regularly to keep accountable, to have a deadline and someone counting on them to show up as they work through their creative process.
- We offer consultation for writers in need of publishing advice or guidance including querying, social media platform, marketing and book placement, starting a career, moving your career in a different direction, or other industry-related questions.
THE "WHITE BOARD" EXPERIENCE
Many memoir writers struggle with identifying what goes in their story and what stays out. As a long-time teacher of memoir, Meg has developed an interactive technique to help memoir writers drill down to the core of their story. Utilizing lots of white board space and a multitude of colors, our question and answer session reveals what's at the heart of the story as well as illuminates structural strategies for organizing your material. Here's what a recent participant had to say:
"Thank you so much for sending me the pictures and the audio tape [from the whiteboard experience]. I look forward to having time to review them and learn from them again.... and again. The writing prompts you gave created new insights for me as well. [They helped] me see things in a new light and find my truth and passion in a newly embodied way. My life/memoir has changed in profound ways. It is so empowering for me to think of myself in terms of self trust rather than denial. That’s huge!Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for your enthusiasm and compassion." ~L
We offer analysis of works of fiction and narrative non-fiction, short stories as well as essays from individual scenes up to full manuscript editing. We focus on big picture issues such as pacing, tension, story arc, character development, voice, dialogue, and readability. More in-depth analysis would take more time and would include paragraph structure, anachronistic language, and some grammar. We'll leave leave the majority of fact checking to you.
We like to keep the pricing simple. The cost for coaching and individual editing/consultation is $60 per hour. Meg's "White Board" Experience is a one-time fee of $250 which includes an audio recording and photos of the session as well as an hour of post-experience consultation.
We prefer submissions in electronic format and we'll provide feedback via Microsoft's Word Track Changes. Most writers like to have a telephone consultation after reading over the feedback. Telephone (or in-person) consultation is also $60 per hour.
Queries, synopses, and proposals will be priced on an individual basis.
HOW IT WORKS
- The best thing to do is to see if we are a match. After a 15 to 20 minute complimentary phone consultation to learn about your project and needs, we would ask you to submit about five pages to review and determine how many pages can be analyzed per hour and present a quote
- Send submission to your editor in Microsoft Word in the industry standard format (double-spaced in Times New Roman or Courier - 12 point).
- Get great feedback on your Work-In-Progress!
WE'D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU!