Coaching & Editing
Meg & Ella both offer private editing and coaching services. To determine the best fit for your individual needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll schedule a call to discuss your project and the type of editing and coaching you're interested in.
- We've coached writers as they've worked through very specific pieces, offering developmental advice, an editor's eye and a reader's heart as they prepare their work for publication.
- We've also coached writers who like to meet regularly to keep accountable, to have a deadline and someone counting on them to show up as they work through their creative process.
- We offer consultation for writers in need of publishing advice or guidance including querying, social media platform, marketing and book placement, starting a career, moving your career in a different direction, or other industry-related questions.
We offer analysis of works of fiction and narrative non-fiction, short stories as well as essays from individual scenes up to full manuscript editing. We focus on big picture issues such as pacing, tension, story arc, character development, voice, dialogue, and readability. More in-depth analysis would take more time and would include paragraph structure, anachronistic language, and some grammar. We'll leave leave the majority of fact checking to you.
We like to keep the pricing simple. The cost for coaching and individual editing/consultation is $60 per hour.
We prefer submissions in electronic format and we'll provide feedback via Microsoft's Word Track Changes. Most writers like to have a telephone consultation after reading over the feedback. Telephone (or in-person) consultation is also $60 per hour.
Queries, synopses, and proposals will be priced on an individual basis.
HOW IT WORKS
- The best thing to do is to see if we are a match. After a 15 to 20 minute complimentary phone consultation to learn about your project and needs, we would ask you to submit about five pages to review and determine how many pages can be analyzed per hour and present a quote.
- You'll sign a short contract to protect your work.
- Pay via PayPal (we'll send you an invoice).
- Send submission to your editor in Microsoft Word in the industry standard format (double-spaced in Times New Roman or Courier - 12 point).
- Get great feedback on your Work-In-Progress!
WE'D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU!